Writing a marketing plan can help you define your marketing strategy and identify the best activities and channels to market your products or services. Learn how to develop a marketing plan with our marketing plan template.
Why you need a marketing plan
Having a marketing plan can help you to:
- identify your target market and how your product or service can benefit it
- identify how you might attract new customers
- encourage your existing customers to continue purchasing your product or service
- set goals and time frames for your marketing activities
- map out a strategy to reach your target audience, including the messages, channels and tools you’ll use
- evaluate your marketing activities
- provide a marketing budget and see your return on investment.