Why become a member?
We always try to create a difference
Our members are the lifeblood of AFTA.
With your help, AFTA can continue to support the recreational fishing industry and the future of fishing in Australia.
It’s not only about protecting the rights of recreational fishers in Australia, it’s about protecting your industry and your business. Issues that stop Aussies from fishing, stop them from buying fishing gear, and that directly affects all fishing trade businesses in Australia. By supporting AFTA to advocate for strong recreational Fishing policy and protecting the rights of recreational fishers, you will be protecting the future of fishing in Australia.
Together We Can Achieve Great Things
With the support of our members, AFTA has achieved a lot in the past few years. Some of our achievements include:
- Establishing a National Recreational Fishing Council
- Launching a national recreational fishing Code of Practice
- The campaign to stop marine park lockouts at the Commonwealth level and in the States
- Australia’s first National Gone Fishing Day
- Establishing Victorian, Queensland and NSW Chapters
- The creation of commercial net free zones in a number of states
- Contributed to the removal of the GST threshold on low-value imports
You’re In Expert Hands
AFTA has a long history of advocacy and an expansive professional network including politicians, industry leaders and decision-makers. AFTA is ready to fight for the interests of members and ensure the voice of Australia’s 3.4 million recreational fishers and the fishing trade sector that supports them is clearly heard.
Bringing The Industry Together
AFTA also seeks to celebrate the achievement of the industry, and bring the industry together as a community. One of our major events, exclusive to our members, is the annual AFTA Trade Show. The Trade Show is the premier networking event for the fishing trade industry in Australia, giving our members a chance to come together, do good business, and celebrate the innovations and accomplishments of our members. Find out more about the trade show here.