Australian Fishing Trade Association
AFTA works to protect fishing’s future and encourage participation in recreational fishing.
Protect your industry! Protect your future!
We work with the industry, for the industry, and for the future of recreational fishing for all Australians.
Our members are wholesalers, retailers, and media who earn a living from the recreational fishing industry. After investing a large amount of time and resources working with State and Federal Governments, AFTA is recognised as a major stakeholder and strong voice when it comes to recreational fishing issues and policies, but each and every member we have makes OUR VOICE LOUDER.
AFTA strongly advocates for policies that increase participation in the recreational fishing industry. Being a member of AFTA, the peak body representing Australia’s recreational fishing industry helps ensure that your industry and, therefore, your business and future generations have a future.
AFTA fights for your industry, which means fighting for your livelihood, but we can’t do it alone, so renew now or join us today. The membership fee is relative to the size of your business. Costs start at $100 per annum for a retailer and $200 per annum for a wholesaler. The AFTA Board has once again voted against an increase in membership fees and is holding the current rates for 2024.
Membership is a small cost to ensure your industry has a strong voice and to ensure YOU keep making money from the industry you love. The benefits offered in 2024 should make the decision a simple one.
Australian wholesale, media and retail company memberships have several levels. Your level is based on your turnover in the Australian fishing industry during the last financial year.
|SCHEDULE OF MEMBERSHIP FEES 2024
|(all fees are GST inclusive)
|Up to $250,000
|$250,001 – $500,000
|$500,001 – $1,000,000
|$1,000,001 – $2,000,000
|$2,000,001 – $4,000,000
|$4,000,001 and above
|Please contact us
Don’t forget AFTA tackle show entry is included with your AFTA membership!
Ready to join? Simply click below to fill in the form, ensuring you answer the few quick questions. We’ll process your application as efficiently as possible and then you’ll then receive a link for you to log back in and pay via credit card.
ALL AFTA MEMBERS are AUTOMATICALLY COVERED under AFTA’s Corporate Travel Insurance Policy.
This policy offers real value for our members. The policy covers plenty but includes;
- All business trips by directors and employees
- Accompanying spouses and dependents
- Leisure travel added on to a business trip
- Pure leisure travel for directors and their families
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Lost luggage
- Cancellation due to illness
- Hire Car excess (up to $5000)
Members can log into the Member Resources page to access more in-depth detail, including the Policy Schedule, Policy Wording (PDS) and Travellers Information Flyer.
AFTA MEMBERS can purchase from Shop for Shops at the best pricing.
Check out their website https://www.shopforshops.com/
Use the same email and password you use for your AFTA membership to receive Gold Level pricing.
Network Marine offers a free Insurance health check to all AFTA Members.
As AFTA’s partner insurance broker, we provide a free Insurance Health Check to all members, to ensure you are properly protected and that you are receiving the best value for money.
What is an Insurance Health Check?
We will review your current insurance policies against your business insurance needs and provide you with your Insurance Health Check which will explain any gaps or uninsured exposures in a simple report. The report will also benchmark the competitiveness of your current insurance premiums.
How much does it cost?
Your Insurance Health Check is a FREE service to all AFTA Members
Did you know?
Did you know that AFTA receives a referrer’s fee for any member who takes out an insurance policy through Network Marine? It’s a win win!
You get a great insurance policy from a team that understands your needs, and AFTA receives funds to continue running programs that encourage recreational fishing participation.
Members can log into the Member Resources page to access further details including how to proceed.
Membership Benefits 2024
- Wholesale Members receive discounted exhibitor rates for the annual AFTA Tackle Show
- Free entry for Retail and Media Members to the annual AFTA Tackle Show
- Member networking opportunities
- Heavily subsidised ticket price to the Gala Dinner & Awards Night
- Additional exposure in the annual AFTR magazine
- Political Liaison and Advocacy with both State and Federal Governments
- Comprehensive member Travel Insurance Policy
- Attendance incentive for independent retailers at this year’s AFTA Tackle Show*
- Shopfitting Partners, Shop for Shops (up to 55% discount)
- Insurance Partners, Network Marine Insurance
- Listing in AFTA’s fully searchable online Members Directory
- Member Resources Page on the AFTA website
- ABS Import Data
- Let’s Fish Australia social media campaign resources
- Advertisement of positions vacant on the AFTA website and Facebook page
- Closed Member Only Facebook Group ensuring you don’t miss any posts
- Window Sticker
- Membership Certificate
AFTA is committed to a strong future for recreational fishing and the fishing industry, each and every member matters!
Further information on how you can take advantage of these benefits can be found on the Member Resources page, if you need more help, simply get in touch with Heatha at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Eligibility criteria apply, details will be provided in due course
Thank you for joining us at AFTA. With your help, we can make a difference and ensure a strong future for recreational fishing in Australia.
AFTA is looking beyond the political world now, and initiatives like Let’s Fish Australia will help promote our industry to a new generation of fishers.