HAVE A POSITION VACANT?
If you’re an AFTA Member, you can advertise positions available within your company here at no charge. Simply send an email to us with all the details and we’ll list it for you as quickly as possible. Please be sure to include exactly how potential applicants should apply.
LOOKING FOR A VACANT POSITION?
If you see a position that you would like to apply for, please follow the instructions listed in the individual ad.
NOTHING LISTED AT PRESENT?
We’ll update this page when we are advised of positions, so please check back at another time.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Australia’s longest-standing fishing and boating publication seek the services of a commission-only sales superstar to service the northern half of Queensland.
Duties will include meeting with prospective advertisers, discussing advertising options and closing deals. Applicants must have boating and fishing experience and preferably a sales background.
Writing experience will be considered favourably as this position will also include delivering boat and product reviews which will be remunerated accordingly. Other duties will include expanding our retail network and liaising with our small, dedicated team.
Please contact Dominic Fry on 0400 223 397 in the first instance.
Ad uploaded on 26 July 2021
PURE FISHING SEEKS BRAND MANAGER ANZ
- Global market leader in the Fishing Tackle Industry
- Great culture and team environment!
- Based in Tuggerah, NSW
Who are we?
We are the Global Leader in the Fishing Tackle Industry and known for our highly recognized and respected brands. We have a reputation for innovation and quality and a vision of inspiring anglers to catch more fish.
Our headquarters are based in South Carolina, USA and from our Tuggerah facility support both the Australian and New Zealand regions.
What are we like?
Synonymous with our brands, we boast a unique culture that breeds passion, energy and encourages a healthy and active lifestyle! This is a great opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated and action-driven person to join our team and an amazing industry!
We encourage a work-life balance whilst being results-focused and team-oriented. We know exactly what we are looking for in every person we hire. We are really good at finding and attracting great people to join our team. Our management group is 100% behind our team and does amazing things to keep us happy, healthy, engaged and productive.
Your new role
You will work within a fast-paced and dynamic environment and be a valued member of the Product and Marketing team and a custodian of a number of our respected fishing brands.
Reporting to the Senior Brand Manager this important role is responsible for:
- Managing the direction, presentation and integrity of the designated Pure Fishing Brands in Australia and New Zealand
- Managing end to end product lifecycle from conception to exit strategy
- Developing and presenting 3yr brand strategy with a key focus on brand growth and targeted category expansion
- Ensuring successful implementation of product strategies and initiatives
- Proactively managing projects through an NPD timeline
- Collaborating with the Sales team and other key stakeholders to develop, manage and maximize opportunities
- Promotion and marketing of new products
- Communicate with vendors and sourcing to ensure smooth product development and product delivery.
- Develop and maintain close liaison with key company, business, industry, and sector stakeholders
- Drive process improvements via the establishment of clearly defined guidelines & policies with the consensus of affected parties as to seek profitability improvements for the business.
- Contribute to a safe and healthy work environment, free from discrimination and harassment by working in accordance with legislative requirements
The major challenges of the role are:
- Ability to prioritise, manage time and execute campaigns in a newsroom style fast-paced environment
- Ability to become the consumer expert on the Brands in Australia and New Zealand
- Capability to influence key stakeholders in global and local networks
- Regular Interstate and International travel
We will provide great perks including:
- Enviable Product Discounts
- Structured & Supportive Team Environment
- Additional leave for fishing!
What you’ll need to succeed
Ideally, to be successful in this role you will be an experienced Brand Manager or had exposure to Brand Management whilst working in a sales or marketing environment, along with strong commercial acumen.
You will possess a passion for fishing and you will need to lean on your sound fishing knowledge to assist you in your day to day activities.
You have no problem working autonomously whilst at the same time working as part of a broader team. You are enthusiastic, diligent and possess strong attention to detail. You enjoy the opportunity to think on your feet and solve problems quickly.
You must be comfortable managing competing priorities within a tight time frame
This is a great opportunity for someone seeking a challenging role with growth potential, where you get to take customers on fishing experience days and work with a major player in the market.
If you have experience in a similar brand management role or fishing industry experience along with the skills, passion, drive and motivation required to join our team, please apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications have been extended and will close August 16, 2021, unless filled prior. All applicants will be required to complete an online application form and participate in a 3-stage recruitment process.
Kindly note: All applicants are required to have a current right to live and work in Australia to be eligible for this role.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Ad updated on 23 July 2021