The Victorian Fisheries Authority, host of the 10th World Recreational Fishing Conference, would like to thank you immensely on behalf of the global rec fisheries community and all that attended WRFC10 for joining us and for your valuable contribution in sharing, connecting and making it an event to remember and one that will have a significant impact for many years to come.
Post Conference Survey
To ensure you have an opportunity to let us know what you loved about the conference and any ideas or thought bubbles you have and areas you believe could be enhanced for future conferences we’ve created a post-conference survey for delegates.
We would really appreciate it if you could please complete the survey to share your feedback and thoughts on how you feel the event went and how it could be enhanced. Your feedback will be valuable as part of our continuous improvement process and to provide feedback to future WRFC organisers.
As a thank you for your time and feedback, we’re going to be randomly selecting a survey respondent to WIN a print of the conference artwork (which will we post far and wide to wherever you live)!
Watched missed presentations on the attendee hub!
With a jam-packed program and a full three days of presentations, workshops and socialising, there is no doubt you will have missed something.
Do not dismay as we’ve got you covered with all talks available On Demand via the Attendee Hub. Recordings will be available for 3 months post-conference and until 23rd May 2023 (they will also be uploaded to the VFA YouTube Page for future viewing and as a resource with unlimited access for the broader community).
Via the Attendee Hub you will also be able to continue to connect and network with other delegates and speakers as well as visit our virtual exhibitor booths to find out more information about our wonderful sponsors!
The conference photo gallery has now been finalised for your viewing pleasure!
Enjoy browsing and reliving moments from WRFC10, and feel free to go ahead and download and share.
Special Journal Issue for WRFC10
We are looking to publish a Special Issue on recreational fisheries from WRFC10 in Fisheries Management and Ecology Journal!
Whilst we are still working through the timing and details of the Special Issue with the Journal, we are seeking expressions of interest from WRFC delegates in submitting a manuscript for the Special Issue.
If you are interested in submitting a manuscript for the Special issue, please send the title and proposed authors of your manuscript to Taylor.email@example.com by 9 April 2023.
We will then keep in touch with all who are interested in publishing in the Special Issue, on the proposed timing for the review process and paper publication.
Host of the WRFC11 in 2026
Are you interested in hosting the 2026 World Recreational Fishing Conference?
We’ve extended the call for applications until 28 March 2023 and will advertise through the WRFC10 communication channels. Please spread the word!
We welcome those interested in hosting the 2026 World Recreational Fishing Conference to submit a bid outlining:
- Proposed conference theme and sub-themes relating to science and management of recreational fishing,
- Suggested type of planned event (fully in-person hybrid in-person or online-only event) and outline of conference structure (talks sessions, workshops, education),
- Preliminary conference program, timeline, budget and publication outcomes,
- Conference logistics including safety, accessibility and provisions to attract early career scientists and people from low-income countries and other underrepresented groups,
- Outline why your destination is a premier World Recreational Fishing Conference location with a multitude of experiences available, including recreational fishing,
- The support for your bid including written letters of support from recreational fishing industry, recreational fishing science community, government and tourism sectors,
- Intended registration fees, with provision to support the participation of early career individuals in recreational fishing,
- Proposed organising and science committee to comprise of local and international recreational fishing stakeholders, embracing diversity in gender and representation.
Bids are requested to be submitted by 28 May 2023 for consideration by the WRFC10 International Scientific Board. You may be also requested to present your bid via an online meeting with the WRFC10 International Scientific Board.
To submit your bid, or for further information, please email Taylor Hunt: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are aiming to announce the next host of WRFC11 in June 2023!
Thank you to our sponsors, partners and collaborators
World Recreational Fishing Conference 10 Melbourne 20-22 February 2023 is supported by funding from the FRDC on behalf of the Australian Government.